The Hudson Valley has a lot of great spaces to host kids' birthday parties. I find hosting a birthday party outside the house relieves party planning stress.
1. The Fun-E Farm at the Hudson Valley Mall in Kingston—Does your kid love to bounce around in bouncy houses and slide down huge slides? The Fun-E Farm offers birthday parties, and recently opened up a sprawling toddler area. They also offer bouncy house and slide rentals if you prefer to have the party in your backyard.
2. Skate Time 209 Roller Rink & Skateboard Park, Accord—I have been to this roller rink, but never had a party here. I'm hoping someone I know will host a party here. They have a beautiful rink and skateboard park.
3. Excel Gymnastics, Saugerties—It is a fun place to host a birthday party, especially if you have a budding gymnast. It has more of a rugged professional gymnastics feel to it with chalk available near the apparatus. There is a cool foam pit, a huge bouncy trampoline, and great cushy mats.
4. Local Firehouses—I was once invited to a birthday party at a local firehouse. The mom who hosted it was a volunteer EMT, and she told me that anybody can rent the hall for a party for a fee. Not all firehouses offer this, but worth looking into for your wannabe firefighter.
5. The Children's School of Yoga has six different locations. I attended one of their family yoga classes, but haven't been to one of their birthday parties (yet!). It could be a good choice if your child loves yoga or you want something a bit mellow. The birthday party can be at your place or one of their facilities.
6. Kiwanis Ice Skating Rink in Saugerties—Winter birthday boys and girls can release a little birthday energy at the beautiful Kiwanis Ice Skating Rink in Saugerties. It's perfect if you are looking for a high-energy winter birthday party.
7. The Little Gym, Kingston—It's a simple birthday program, but a surefire pleaser for kids up to age 12. The gym room is bright and spacious and very safe. Parties last 90 minutes. The first hour is spent in the gym doing activities and/or structured free play, depending on what you want. Kids can play on the balance beam, parallel bars, large wheel shaped cushions, a gigantic mat, rings, parachute, and an inflatable trampoline. Afterwards, there is pizza and juice for the kids. You bring your own cake and goody bags, and anything else you want. They pack the gifts away and tie balloons on the goody bags for you.
8. JJ's Rockin' Cupcakes, Kingston—If you haven't tried one of JJ's Rockin' Cupcakes, you are missing out on heavenly goodness. JJ's Rockin' Cupcakes offers Build a Cupcake parties and Rockin' Birthday Parties that include a cupcake building station, an activity station, and pizza. You can have it at your location or at his store in Kingston.
9. Kelder's Farm, Kerhonkson—A birthday party at the farm can be a great idea if you want an outdoor party, and your child loves animals. Birthday party participants can go on hayrides, pick vegetables or fruits in season, have a picnic, and jump on the jumping pillow, weather permitting.
10. FiberFlame, Saugerties—Does your child love to decorate or create things? The newly opened FiberFlame in Saugerties offers birthday parties where your child can decorate a wooden box, hand paint a tote bag, or paint their own pottery.
What are other great birthday venues in the Hudson Valley?