1. Hickory BBQ Smokehouse on Route 28 in Kingston will be serving a Mother's Day Jazz Brunch from 12-4pm. The duo Unicorn will be performing. In addition to their regular menu, Hickory BBQ will be serving eggs or French toast with house smoked ham and cheesy grits. Fried oyster Po Boys and many other specials will be available for mom too.
2.Oliver Kita chocolates in Rhinebeck has created a special Mother's Day gift, a book full of scrumptious chocolates. (Read about my private chocolate tasting here.) The gorgeous “faux book box” holds a collection of chocolates made especially for moms: Violet Twilight, Jasmine Voile, Orange Mimosa, and Living Rose are examples of exquisitely painted, luxurious confections with complete wow factor for her on Mother’s Day.
3. Crafts at Lyndhurst runs from Friday, May 4 through Sunday, May 6 the weekend before Mother's Day, so if you are looking for cool local Hudson Valley crafts for her, check it out.
4. If are looking to for a sports event for women, look no further than the Inaugural Mother's Day 5K event in Uptown Kingston. After the race, I recommend you have brunch at Duo Bistro, or Deising's Bakery.
5. Diamond Mills Hotel and Tavern will be serving a Mother's Day Brunch fit for a queen. I have yet to go to a buffet here, but lunch and dinners have been delicious. (When you're done, you can indulge in a little retail therapy at Light House Home Essentials, DIG the Boutique, or any of the other cute boutiques in Saugerties.
6. If you really want mom to relax on Mother's Day, you can't go wrong with a gift certificate from River Rock Health Spa. I've been going here for five years now for bi-annual spa services. I recently blogged about a classic European Facial I had there.
7. If your mom has a green thumb, or hopes to have one, get a gift card from Adams Fairacre Farms. They are very helpful and have a huge selection of seeds, plants, fancy gardening tools, etc. (By the way, bring a cup of dirt in a coffee can or jar, and they test it for you to see what it needs.)
8. Roundhouse at Beacon Falls in Beacon will be serving a special Mother's Day Brunch in their Waterfall Room, which they usually reserve for special events.
9. Lastly, this note from the Rhinebeck Farmers Market: "We have a special on Mother's Day which also happens to be Opening Day of the 2013 Outdoor Market season and the kickoff to our 20th year. We give free seedlings to all mothers. The seedlings are donated by our vendor The River Garden, a flower farm based in Catskill, NY. The market is open from 10am-2pm."
Wishing you all a Happy Mother's Day weekend!
Find more Hudson Valley Good Stuff at HVGoodStuff.com.